Apostille stamps are normally placed on personal or corporate documents issued by the Polish state authorities. The most common cases include:
- certificates of marital status, birth, death and marriage, court rulings;
- documents from the National Criminal Register (KRK), including certificates of no criminal record, or court orders concerning a company, certificates of conviction;
- notarised documents (deeds, powers of attorney, protocols);
- qualification certificates, including school certificates and university diplomas, copies, duplicate copies, and appendices;
- commercial contracts, invoices, import and export consignment notes, copies of certificates from the National Court Register (KRS) and the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity (CEIDG).
Furthermore, sworn translations can also be apostilled to be valid abroad.